Tuesday, January 20, 2009

As of today Jan 19, Geoff is on Medical Leave. After the latest stupidity, I decided it was time for a break from "that place"
The straw was suffering 'consequences' for having a deer hit the side of my truck while driving to work a couple of weeks ago. There was no recognition for missing the deer that jumped out in front of me, but I can no longer drive to and from work because of the deer hitting me. (the deer suffered a worst fate)
I don't mind riding with Archie, let him dodge the deer, but I hate being treated like a 10 year old.
After I had the incident, my vehicle data monitor wouldn't download, so I guess it was automatically assumed that I was speeding. I talked to my foreman today, and he had sent the car chip away to be analyzed, and the results came back that I was traveling 89 kph on a 100 kph highway. Not speeding by any stretch.
Anyway I am recovering at home for 3-4 weeks.
Theresa has been making sure that I am not calling or being called from the plant so I indeed have time away.
I rescinded my retirement notice a couple of weeks ago because of the lousy economy and the impending recession, so I don't know what will happen when I go back.
Just living day to day right now.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with day to day, to give yourself some space to think. I'm all for it. I need to have that when I'm stressed because I can't think straight!

    Maybe you could write a sitcom about 'that place' and try to sell it to CBC. You could call it The Plant. Or, Little Nuthouse on the Prairie. Or, Little Canada. Or, Geoff the Bunny.

    ReplyDelete